Are you currently without health insurance due to loss of employment or Medicaid eligibility or other reasons, then you may qualify to enroll in a Health Insurance Marketplace Plan on Healthcare.gov. More than 80.4 million Americans have filed for unemployment benefits and potentially have lost or will lose their employer sponsored health insurance due to the COVID outbreak. Unfortunately Cobra insurance costs over $7,000 per year for individual coverage and over $20,000 for family coverage. You may only enroll in Obamacare Plans during the annual Open Enrollment Period which runs from November 1st thru December 15th. However, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) if you or anyone in your household had any of the following life changes:
Changes in household
You may qualify for a Marketplace Special Enrollment if you or anyone in your household in the past 60 days:
- Got married
- Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care
- Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance
Changes in residence
Household moves that qualify you for a Marketplace SEP:
- Moving to a new home in a new ZIP code or county
- Moving to the U.S. from a foreign country or United States territory
- If you’re a student, moving to or from the place you attend school
- If you’re a seasonal worker, moving to or from the place you both live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
Loss of health insurance coverage
You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you or anyone in your household lost qualifying health coverage in the past 60 days OR expects to lose coverage in the next 60 days.
- Coverage losses that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period:
- Losing job-based coverage
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
- Losing coverage through a family member
Other qualifying changes
Other life circumstances that may qualify you for a Obamacare Special Enrollment:
- Changes that make you no longer eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Gaining membership in a federally recognized tribe or status as an Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) Corporation shareholder
- Becoming newly eligible for Marketplace coverage because you became a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration
- Starting or ending service as an AmeriCorps State and National, VISTA, or NCCC member
American Rescue Plan
The American rescue plan was signed into law by Congress and President Biden in March 2021. This was the largest expansion of of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) since 2010 and BidenCare significantly expanded subsidies to those who qualified before and expanding subsidies to individuals who had never previously qualified.
In addition, a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) was opened, meaning anyone can enroll until August 15th without needing a qualifying life event.
New BidenCare Subsidies:
The majority of existing Obamacare consumers will see larger subsidies for their marketplace plans. Th American Rescue Plan increased the amount of premium subsidy for all households within 100% – 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), and extended subsidies to those above 400%.
I Qualify for Marketplace Special Enrollment, how can I enroll in an Marketplace Plan?
As a Marketplace Circle of Champions Elite Plus Agent, Direct Insurance Solutions is a Certified Agency Partner of the Marketplace and many health insurance carriers and can help you enroll in less than 10 minutes at no cost to you. We will help you qualify for premium tax credits (subsidies), shop the best coverage at the most affordable price. We have Bilingual Marketplace Certified Agents that specialize in Obamacare insurance coverage and make enrolling easy and simple. We provide a personalized Obamacare insurance Plan recommendation based on several important factors:
- Prescription Drugs: confirm with plan formulary that medications are covered, tier levels and out-of-pocket estimates
- Primary Care Physician (PCP): confirm your PCP is in-network and applicable co-pays
- Hospitals and Urgent Care Centers (UCC): confirm hospitals and UCC’s that in-network to ensure convenient access
- Budget: most importantly we ensure your Obamacare plan meets your family’s monthly budget
Let us be your trusted Obamacare Agent this Special Enrollment Period
Click or Call Today!