Medicare Advantage Plans
Are you turning age 65 and looking for Medicare plan options including Medicare Advantage (Part C) health and drug plans? There are plenty choices in how you get your Medicare coverage. We will provide you with an easy 3 Step Guide to help you navigate through these important decisions.
Step 1: Sign up for Medicare through Social Security:
If you’re over 65 (or turning 65 in the next 3 months) and not already getting benefits from Social Security, you need to sign up to get Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). You won’t get Medicare automatically. If you already get benefits from Social Security,you’ll get Medicare Part A and Part B automatically when you’re first eligible and don’t need to sign up. Medicare will send you a “Welcome to Medicare” packet 3 months before you turn 65.
What are the Part A & B Sign-up Periods?
When you’re first eligible for Medicare, you have a 7-month Initial Enrollment Period to sign up for Part A and/or Part B.
If you’re eligible for Medicare when you turn 65, you can sign up during the 7-month period that:
- Begins 3 months before the month you turn 65
- Includes the month you turn 65
- Ends 3 months after the month you turn 65
In most cases, if you don’t sign up for Medicare Part B when you’re first eligible, you’ll have to pay a late enrollment penalty.You’ll have to pay this penalty for as long as you have Part B and could have a gap in your health coverage. You can also sign up for Part A and/or Part B during the General Enrollment Period between January 1–March 31 each year if you didn’t sign up when you were first eligible. Your Medicare coverage will start on July 1.
When Will My Coverage Start?
If you sign up for Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and/or Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) during the first 3 months of your Initial Enrollment Period, your coverage starts the first day of the month you turn 65. If your birthday is on the first day of the month, your coverage starts the first day of the prior month.
Step 2: Choose your Medicare Coverage:
There are 2 main Ways to get Medicare Coverage:
- Original Medicare – Includes Part A and Part B. You can use any doctor or hospital that takes Medicare, anywhere in the U.S.
- If you want drug coverage, you can join a separate Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) .
- To help pay your out-of-pocket costs in Original Medicare (like your 20% coinsurance), you can also shop for and buy supplemental coverage like a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy.
- Medicare Advantage – An “all in one” alternative to Original Medicare. These “bundled” plans include Part A, Part B, and usually Part D. Most plans offer extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover – like vision, hearing, dental, and more.
- Plans may have lower out-of-pocket costs than Original Medicare.
- In most cases, you’ll need to use doctors who are in the plan’s network.
Step 3: Enroll in a Medicare Part C Health or Drug Plan:
When can I enroll in a health or drug plan?:
- When you first get Medicare (Initial Enrollment Periods for Part C and D)
- During the 7-month period that: Starts 3 months before the month you turn 65 Includes the month you turn 65 Ends 3 months after the month you turn 65
What are the different types of Medicare Health & Drug Plans?:
Generally, a Medicare health & drug plan:
- Is offered by a private insurance company
- Contracts with Medicare to provide Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) and or Part D (drugs) benefits
- Provides these benefits to people with Medicare who enroll in the plan
Medicare health plans include:
- Medicare Advantage Plans offered by UnitedHealth AARP, Humana, Aetna and other companies
- Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
I Need Help Enrolling and have Questions on Medicare Advantage Plan Options?
There are several ways you can get help choosing and enrolling in a Medicare Advantage Plan:
- Call us at 1-800-619-8959 and let certified Medicare experts guide you through the selection and enrollment process over the phone
- Use the Medicare Plan Finder to find and compare Medicare Advantage plans in our area
Why Direct Insurance Solutions?
Award winning insurance agency that has helped thousands find affordable coverage and represents hundreds of regional and national carriers built on the following foundation:
- Offer the most affordable and comprehensive insurance solutions regardless of household budget
- Offer the best A rated (A.M. Best) insurance carriers
- Over 20 years experience to help you navigate through cumbersome underwriting process
- Offer best-in-class service
- Easy to do business with
Our mission at Direct Insurance Solutions is to get you the coverage you need, the services you want, and the respect you deserve, regardless of your budget.
Get your complimentary Medicare Advantage Plan comparison!Call Us Today: