At Direct Insurance Solutions, we understand the importance of having comprehensive healthcare coverage, especially for seniors and individuals with disabilities. That’s why we believe it’s crucial to provide you with accurate and detailed information about the services covered by Original Medicare. In this article, we will delve into the various services that are included under Original Medicare, comprising both Part A and Part B. With our expertise in Medicare Insurance Plans, we can help you make informed decisions regarding your healthcare needs.
1. Hospital Care (Part A)
Original Medicare Part A primarily covers inpatient hospital care. This includes necessary treatments, procedures, and services provided during your stay in a hospital. Whether you require surgery, intensive care, or rehabilitation services, Part A ensures that you receive the necessary medical attention. Hospital stays, skilled nursing facility care, and hospice care are among the services covered under this section.
2. Medical Services (Part B)
Original Medicare Part B focuses on medically necessary services and preventive care. It covers a wide range of healthcare services, including doctor visits, outpatient care, and certain medical supplies. Here are some of the key services covered under Part B:
- Doctor visits: Original Medicare covers consultations with physicians, including specialists, who diagnose and treat your medical conditions. This includes office visits, inpatient visits, and telehealth services, enabling you to receive medical advice remotely.
- Diagnostic tests and screenings: Part B covers a variety of diagnostic tests, such as blood tests, X-rays, MRIs, and mammograms. Additionally, preventive screenings for various conditions, including cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, are covered to help detect potential health issues early.
- Durable medical equipment (DME): Medicare provides coverage for durable medical equipment that is deemed medically necessary, such as wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen equipment, and home hospital beds. These assistive devices play a crucial role in improving mobility and overall quality of life.
- Outpatient services: Part B covers a wide range of outpatient services, such as ambulatory surgery, chemotherapy, dialysis, and mental health services. These services allow you to receive essential treatments without being admitted to a hospital.
- Vaccinations: Medicare covers a range of vaccines, including flu shots, pneumococcal vaccines, and hepatitis B vaccines. Staying up to date with immunizations is essential for maintaining good health, especially for seniors and individuals with weakened immune systems.
- Preventive services: Original Medicare emphasizes the importance of preventive care to catch potential health issues early and improve overall wellness. It covers various preventive services, such as wellness exams, cardiovascular screenings, diabetes management, and counseling for smoking cessation.
3. Additional Coverage Options
While Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) provides a solid foundation of healthcare coverage, it’s essential to explore additional options to enhance your benefits. Here are two common options:
- Medicare Advantage (Part C): Medicare Advantage plans, also known as Part C, are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare. These plans combine the benefits of Part A, Part B, and often Part D (prescription drug coverage) into a single plan. Medicare Advantage plans may offer additional services beyond what Original Medicare covers, such as dental, vision, hearing, and prescription drug coverage.
- Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D): Original Medicare does not include coverage for most prescription drugs. However, you can obtain prescription drug coverage by enrolling in a standalone Medicare Part D plan. These plans are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare and help reduce out-of-pocket costs for medications.
It’s crucial to carefully evaluate your healthcare needs and we can help you determine what services are covered by Original Medicare. For a free no-obligation quote from our bilingual Medicare Experts, please click or call: 1-800-619-8959. For more information our other Medicare plan options, please visit our Medicare Page.
“We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.”