Do you currently need glasses or contact lenses and do not have vision insurance? A new patient eye exam with no insurance costs on average $200. Frames and glasses alone can cost several hundred dollars. Vision insurance is a way to reduce eye care expenses. In a exchange for monthly premium the plan pays for some of the costs of vision care.
The Benefits of Vision Insurance with United Healthcare (UHC)
Vision insurance offered by UHC is designed to help you cover and budget for ongoing vision care expenses like routine eye exams, prescription glasses and contact lenses:
- Coverage for people of all ages: Great for Medicare Individuals
- No waiting periods: Use benefits as soon as coverage begins
- Saving through a national network of vision service and eyewear providers
- Freedom to go out of network and still get benefits if you pay the difference between your plan allowance and your final cost
- $10 Copay Eye Exams: With Network Providers
- Access to discounted laser eye surgery and hearing aids
- 24/7 Service: access to your vision insurance information
- Eyewear choice & value: Depending on your plan, you can choose eyeglass lenses and frames, contact lens, or both within your plan’s allowance.
As you’re shopping for a vision plan, you can visit myuhcvision.com to find providers in your area and see if your current eye doctor is in the network. UnitedHealth offers a comprehensive national network which includes both provide practice and retail store providers such as America’s Best, My Eye Lab, Walmart Vision Center, Vision Works, Target, & Costco.
Vision Insurance Comparison
At Direct Insurance Solutions we help thousands of individuals select affordable Vision Insurance and United Healthcare is our preferred insurance carrier. A Fortune 500 Company rated A with A.M. Best and with more than 75 years offering personal insurance, no other company comes close to matching the service experience. United Healthcare has been rated highest in customer satisfaction with Vision Plans, 5 out of 6 years according to J.D Power Vision Plan Satisfaction Report. Why go with inferior solutions when you can go with the insurance company that is committed to offer the most innovative products, access to large provider network and excellent customer service.
Call or click for a free no-obligation quote: 1-800-619-8959